Andros Hiking Holidays 7 days – 6 nights every Thursday from 01/04
Arrival day in Andros and Check-In at the Hotel. Welcome drinks and Greek 'mezes' in the evening, first meeting with a little talk about the program
1st Hike: Hiking into the wild! Manmade works of art by stone, harmonious to the environment.
The longest route in the network follows the old path which connected south west Andros to the central villages and Chora A worthwhile stop will take place for a visit to Dimitris Chelmis renovated olive press. Lunch at the picturesque village of Pitrofos, a gastronomic travel with Katerina Remoundou in the special dishes of island! Evening Free. Time to relax or swim. Hiking tour 9klm, walking time around 4,5hrs
2nd Hike: Destiny tied up with the sea, unique architecture and a rich naval tradition
Discover the unique nature of the island, walk across the riverbed, visit old castle-houses, stone bridges, watermills, traditional olive presses, impressive old mansions, evidence of the maritime tradition of the island and finally reach one of the island’s most important wetlands. We follow the path towards the capital city of the island “Chora”. Lunch at Chora. Evening guided walk to the old historical center.
Hiking tour of 5,5klm, walking time aprx 2hrs.
This day is free from scheduled activities. You may spend it any way you like. Walk around on your own, swim, sunbathe, relax, go shopping or arrange your own tour to some of the many interesting sites of the island. Our team of guides will be available for you, if you decide to ask for their help in any way. A cooking workshop, a Tai Chi or Qigong class, a Yoga class, a fitness program or maybe a guided bike tour, a diving class or water sports activities may be easily arranged on site, only upon your request. You could also let yourself be treated by the experienced hands of our massage therapists.
3rd Hike: Experience the dense vegetation of the greenest Cycladic Island.
We walk through fertile ravines, old abandoned farmhouses, we cross the slopes of Arni, we reach the river of Remata in a wild scenery of a unique flora and herbs, of dry stone walls and narrow paths. Leading to one of the most unspoiled beaches of the island Swim and rest. We continue to reach the Valley of Ateni. Light Picnic. Evening Free
Hiking tour 10km, walking time around 5hrs
4th Hike: The power of water and the human ability to coexist with the natural environment
In unique beauty ravine between Ammolohos and Palestou we will walk along the stream where we will meet remains of watermills along, with homes that operated until the mid- 20th century and were altogether the unique millers village that served the surrounding villages. Light Picnic at the river. Evening Free
Hiking Tour 5km, walking time around 2,5hrs.
Departure Day (Andros – Rafina Port)
- Transfer El. Venizelos Airport – Rafina’s Port – El.Venizelos Airport (taxi)
- Ferry tickets economy class Rafina to / from
- Transfers from/to Andros Port to/from accommodation
- Meals as mentioned in the daily itinerary (2 picnics, 2 lunches during the hiking tours)
- Welcome drinks with local appetizer (mezedes)
- All transfers to the hiking starting points and transfers back to your accommodation
- hiking tours (accompanied) – as described, moutain bike tour, suba diving, watersports.
- A professional hiking skilled guide English or French speaking with local knowledge
- 24hrs support/assistant on the island.
- Air tickets for flights to/from Greece
- Other than mentioned meals/beverages
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Museums Entrance Fees
- Any services not mentioned as included in the package